[78-L] EQ ideas for transferring acoustic 78s?

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Apr 21 08:06:14 PDT 2011

Being old school, I don't use my graphic equalizer for anything these days
except 60hz hum. My old mixer has some nice features that allow me to remove
mid-range hump or even attenuate the mid-range if it's deficient, boost upper
mid-range and so on. And my Dynaco preamp (a great little box, I bought a
second one as backup or to use strictly for phase reversal) has 3 rolloff settings.

dl