[78-L] Beach Boys 78s

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 18:57:13 PDT 2011

I meant (please forgive my scrambled reply) that Beach Boys recordings had
the same mixes worldwide; none of their recordings had special mixes for
other countries.  Capitol was (to me) a bit schizoid with regard to what
they decided they'd deem stereo albums, and what they'd deem Duophonic
albums, in the instances where both Duophonic and stereo tracks appear on
the same record.  For instance, MEET THE BEATLES (ST 2047) has two tracks in
Duophonic, the other ten in stereo, and is represented as a stereo release;
BEST OF THE BEACH BOYS (DT 2545) likewise has only two of its twelve titles
in Duophonic, the rest in stereo, yet is represented as a Duophonic LP.