[78-L] Beach Boys - NOT on 78s

Steve Ramm steveramm78l at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 18 05:09:16 PDT 2011

No one mentioned this one... So maybe those of you who bought the BB 78 on Ebay can but one of the first 1,000 of this release tomorrow too:

The Beach Boys are set to release a vinyl single to help victims of the Japan earthquake and tsunami.

Founding member Al Jardine has teamed up with band members Brian Wilson, Mike Love and Bruce Johnston for the track 'Don't Fight The Sea', a song originally from Jardine’s album 'A Postcard From California'.

The flip side is an a capella mix from the 1968 Beach Boys song 'Friends'.

"We felt that the song had a nice basic message of friendship," said Jardine.

"I also like the idea of that song, because the vocals are a bit under appreciated. So this release was a perfect place to showcase the idea of harmony and friendship. Everybody is behind it 100%, that's the nice part."

The single will be released tomorrow (April 19) and the first 1,000 copies will be pressed in white vinyl with a red label, reports Undercover.com.

All proceeds will go to the Red Cross Japan Relief.