[78-L] When The Sun Goes Down - RCA/Bluebird series (CD)

Doug Pomeroy audiofixer at verizon.net
Sun Apr 17 16:37:48 PDT 2011

The tracks on the sampler are all evidently from the first four CDs in
the series.

1) Robert Petway - Catfish Blues
2) Gus Cannon - Walk Right In
3) Tommy Johnson - Cool Drink Of Water Blues
4) Jimmie Davis - Red Nightgown Blues
5) Huddie Ledbetter  - Midnight Special
6) Furry Lewis - Judge Harsh Blues
7) Blind Willie McTell - Statesboro Blues
8) Meade Lux Lewis - Honky Tonk Train Blues
9) Richard M Jones -Trouble In Mind
10) Memphis Jug Band - Cocaine Habit Blues
11) Washboard Sam - Bucket's Got A Hole In It
12) Big Maceo - Worried Life Blues
13)Lil Green - Why Don't You Do Right?
14) Arthur "Big Boy" Crudup - My Baby Left Me
15) Little Richard - Get Rich Quick

It's unfortunate that BMG issued the CDs in this series
with virtually no publicity and discontinued them quickly.
Deja vu!
The CDs contain transfers from original metal parts and
I wish more people could hear them.

Doug

> Message: 9
> Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2011 17:09:35 -0400
> From: "Thomas Stern" <sternth at attglobal.net>
> Subject: Re: [78-L] When The Sun Goes Down - RCA/Bluebird series (CD)
> To: "78-L Mail List" <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>
>
> Thanks Mark and Doug!
>
> Doug,
>  Do you have a track listing for the sampler?  Thanks!!
> Best wishes, Thomas.

Doug Pomeroy