[78-L] building a phase converter box

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net
Sat Apr 16 20:45:23 PDT 2011

On 4/16/2011 2:11, Mark Bardenwerper wrote:
> On 4/16/2011 1:45, buster wrote:
>> ...Any stereo cartridge will retreive vertically cut information. To do this, locate the channel that doesn't have the ground strap on it. Now reverse the two connections + to - and - to +. Now, strap the 2 channels together either at the cartridge or with a "Y" cord at the stereo. Now, the lateral information will cancel and the vertical information will sum.
> Ah! this is the first mention that it does matter which channel gets
> switched! Now to work.

I took a stereo RCA cord and switched the polarity of on lead. Then I
ran it and a straight one between 2 switch boxes, one running backwards
(out used as an in). The result is rather clunky, and with all the
connections, now have some new hum. But it worked, although I am not
getting high volume.
I'll work on refining tomorrow.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)