[78-L] George Formby on the other side of the pond

Steve Ramm steveramm78l at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 16 18:16:28 PDT 2011

The George Formby Society also sells DVDs of many of his films. There was a guy on Ebay selling them - Region Free too. I reviewed them years ago. There is a WONDERFUL one (I can't remember title now and no time to look) in which he works in a recording studio and breaks the master recording of an opera singer and has to remake it! A must see for any 78-Ler!

I love Formby and every record he made - along with some alternate takes are on the TWO JSP boxes. And the "Cleaning Windows" is on there about three times. It was one of his major hits!

Steve