[78-L] Mommy, why is daddy an archeologist?

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Apr 14 20:51:10 PDT 2011

On 4/14/2011 11:33 PM, Steven C. Barr wrote:
> From:<N7MW at aol.com>
>> As a 78 rpm record collector with an archaeologist brother, I wonder what
>> other possible cover might be used?
>>
>> Mike in Phoenix
>>
> Since our 78's are unlikely to be "unearthed' (dug up..."!) we don't
> really qualify as "archaeologists"...!

I've definitely had some discs that were "unearthed". I initially had to clean
them in the bathtub..this was before I had more modern sophisticated cleaning
equipment, and even that (the Monks) required a few passes to get these discs
vaguely acceptable. Lacquer discs that probably actually HAD been buried
someplace, of a Canadian quiz program.

> However we DO preserve an
> important part of North America's pasr...! So we need a new
> nore impressive term...if only so I can become something more
> respectable than "That<deleted>  with all them old records"...!

By the way, Steve, I have a load of them old records for you in my trunk.