[78-L] A Song Hits Production..Qu'est-ce que c'est?

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Apr 12 08:47:31 PDT 2011

Anyone know anything about some mid-late 40s records labelled "A Song Hits
Production"? I have one here, on the Canadian Musicana label (4023), by Toronto
bandleader Art Hallman, of his theme "Just A Moment More with You" b/w a real
piece of crap called "Song Hits" (Ya gotta know all the song hits..if you want
to make a hit with me) composed by Geo. J. Bennett and Al Jacobs. The disc
appears to be cut in the US (swing style runout, looks like Majestic) although
it might have been recorded in Toronto, given the distorted sound and lack of
bass and the presence of some wow.