[78-L] Soundies - A Musical History DVD

Julian Vein julianvein at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Apr 12 05:12:51 PDT 2011

Just received this. What a disappointment to find that the performances
are not complete, being talked over, and appear to be taken from a TV
show on the subject. I purchased it on the assumption that the
performances would be complete. Also the disc seems to be unbanded, so
that you can't pick out a particular track.

Actually, I'm not greatly enamoured of Soundies, and only purchased it
for one track, Dick Robertson with the Johnny Messner Orchestra, and
that's talked over too!

     Julian Vein