[78-L] The cylinder is coming back

DanKj MLK402 at verizon.net
Mon Apr 11 23:57:27 PDT 2011

 "New Old Stock Edison cylinder blanks"?  100 year old 'wax' must be a
lousy, brittle recording medium.  Someone should put them in touch with
Shawn Borri for new material. I think that the next time he offers a dozen
blanks, I'm going to blow the money just to have a work of industrial art.

 Their "One Take and That's It!" process obviously depends on them being
MUCH less picky than the Edison, Victor, etc people 100 years ago, when
"play it ONCE as loud as you can" would never have sufficed.  I think that
modern expectations are so low that any noise, recorded acoustically, seems
miraculous and wonderful.