[78-L] Cereal box (and other) cardboard/flexi records

Mike Murray recrdman at dreamscape.com
Thu Apr 7 13:51:19 PDT 2011

I don't know if they were the "first" but below from my Disney Records book:
The Rainbo Recard "Wheaties" Mickey Mouse Club Picture Disc Cut-Outs
No Number  Mickey Mouse Club: Walt Disney's Mouseketeer Recards (sic)(c.1956)
         These were a series of eight 5"
cardboard cut-out, one-sided, picture disc, 78
rpm records from the front of Wheaties cereal boxes. Unnumbered.

                 Donald Duck - Donald Duck's Song
                 Goofy - It's Fun to Whistle
                 Mickey Mouse - Happy Mouse
                 Mickey Mouse - The Gadget Tree
                 Mickey, Donald and Goofy - I'd Rather Be I
                 Chip n' Dale - The Laughing Song
                 Chip n' Dale - Ten Little Indians
                 Goofy - Fire Fighting Fellow
         The back cover of the Wheaties box
advertised four other "regular weight" (i.e. normal)
7" 78 rpm EP "Mouseketeer" records, encompassing
the above, available at 25¢ each, with picture sleeves, and orange vinyl.
         Record No. GM-101: Happy Mouse; It's
Great to be Goofy; Mocking Bird;
Fire                                      Fighting Fellow
         Record No. GM-102: Laughing Song; Animal
Alphabet (A-E);
                 Animal Alphabet (F-J); It's Fun to Whistle
         Record No. GM-103: I'd Rather Be
I;  Mouskeriddle #1; Donald Duck's
Song;                                       Mouskeriddle #2
         Record No. GM-104: Ten Little Indians;
Mousekartoon Time; The Gadget Tree;
                  Li'l Davy

Mike Murray