[78-L] Imperial. Dance Band Query.

Spats spats47 at ntlworld.com
Tue Apr 5 09:59:51 PDT 2011

Hi!

I have in front of me an UK IMPERIAL record 2456 (Matrix 1917).

The One Man Band - Weems/Baxter.
The Hollywood Dance Orchestra

It seems to have been issued around 1931.

'Rust' tells me that Hollywood Dance Orchestra was a pseudonym for
various American bands on the UK Imperial label.

The other side of the record is by Jay Wilbur and his Orchestra,
(Lady Of Spain); very much a British band.
I can pin that recording down, date it, etc., without any problem.

HOWEVER, can any of you give me information about the American side?

Thanks,

Earl Okin.