[78-L] Joy of collecting 78's

Mike Harkin xxm.harkin at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 4 23:40:48 PDT 2011

Bob Bratcher wrote, "Like when I paid $6 at a record collector show for RCA
LSC-1817 (Offenbach Gaitie Parisienne by Author Fiedler & the Bosten Pops) that was worth about $300 & it's now worth around $500 last time I checked.

To whom, pray tell....  Not worth three cents IMHO.

I do agree about the thrill of the chase.  My own best is going to a private home, where they guy had, among other choice goodies, the Muzio
Refice set and the d'Indy -my memory may be playing me false here-Variations, Interlude & Finale, and the Barere Don Giovanni of Liszt. A total of 200 choice discs for 20 cents each....

Mike in Plovdiv