[78-L] 78s in the garage/should have been new subject

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Mon Apr 4 21:23:51 PDT 2011

From: "Robert M. Bratcher Jr." <rbratcherjr at yahoo.com>
> Bill, I don't have an attic fan in my garage here in northwest Houston
> which is
> why I run 2 window units in there instead of bringing the house central
> A/C into
> the garage. Maybe I don't have to keep those records cool but I'd rather
> not let
> them warp during the hot Houston summers as that garage can get pretty
> warm
>during the summer if I don't run the window units in there.

Note that shellac records don't "warp"...they acually bend when/if they
reach a certain temperature...and can be bent back into shape if they
are raised back to their "flexible" temperature...! However, vinyl discs
DO "warp"...the plastic expands. causing the discs to expand so that
the newly expanded plastic has to "warp"...!

Steven C. Barr