[78-L] Why I love collecting 78's

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Mon Apr 4 06:23:08 PDT 2011

Beautifully written and capturing not only the essence of the hunt, but the reaping of the rewards of diligence without obsession. Sometimes you find the best records when you're not looking for them. All of us have stories similar to these, but each one is unique to us and our individual experiences. Not many collectibles can be enjoyed the way records can. Most are just looked at, hung on a wall, or displayed in an album. Records remain as useful and enjoyable as they were made to be. Good music, no matter what it is, is never out of date, never obsolete. Each record we own has a story behind it - the creation of the music and then, years later, our discovery and appreciation of it. I love this story and encourage others like it. That's what this list is all about.

Cary Ginell