[78-L] Houston record shops

Bill McClung bmcclung78 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 21:16:45 PDT 2011

Black Dog has had some 78s for about a year.  Look half way down the left
wall under the lps.  I found some interesting calypso 78s from Jamaica and
some good gospel 78s.  He's got about 200 or so.

Vintage Sounds has 5-600 78s.  She has a central showroom with vintage
record players (her main business is repairing players and radios) that has
a couple of boxes of 78s but she has another space nearby with 78s and lps.
I've found several Texas label 78s there including a couple I had never seen
before.

If you can get to Austin be sure to go to Antone's on Guadalupe.  They have
a couple thousand 78s and several thousand 45s to go with their lps.  They
get 78s on consignment every couple of months.  It's worth the trip.