[78-L] Filing USPS insurance claim-Good news-Bad news

Benno Häupl goldenbough at arcor.de
Sat Apr 2 17:50:39 PDT 2011

dl,  you say,

''the settlement was paid, although for reasons I couldn't understand, ... to the SELLER to forward to me.''

That's because the seller is the contractual partner of the insurance company.
Moreover, the package remains the property of the sender until it is in the hands of the addressee.
(That's why THE SELLER'S records are broken, not the buyer's)
These are global postal rules, as determined by the Universal Postal Union in Geneva - which is the
federation of all 192 postal services on the globe. They have adopted these rules commonly about 120
years ago, and all national posts that join have to comply.  USPS joined about 1900 - 1905.

Benno