[78-L] Filing USPS insurance claim-Good news-Bad news

Darrell Lehman nickjay49 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 16:03:47 PDT 2011

Good thing they were damaged - if they'd been lost.....

Took me 7 months to get reimbursed for a lost package.  After submitting
on line and scanning/attaching receipts and being rejected and appealing
and not hearing anything I went "old school" and started calling.  USPS
claimed they had proof of delivery even though the recipient said he
never rec'd it.  And what was their "Proof" - the carrier had scanned
the package!

That explained what I'd seen carriers doing at my P.O.... they stand
around their trucks and scan the packages before they leave - great
"proof" of where they left it!  I s'pect that's their Delivery
Confirmation" procedure also.

The recipient had to send a letter stating he hadn;t rec'd it and they
finally paid - sheesh!!!

The lesson.... be persistent and be aware of their foibles!

fyi, DL: (not "dl")