[78-L] Dick Robertson

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 2 12:58:45 PDT 2011

The only recording I had of Dick Robertson was a late '30s Decca recording of
"Cry,Baby Cry" which
dated from 1938 as I recall.Save that one recording,the only other record I had
under Dick Robertson's
name was a Varsity 78 of "Oh,Monah" which,as I now know,was originally done as
"Joel Shaw and his
Orchestra".I have an LP of that band and that particular recording of "Oh,Monah"
is one it.The Varsity
78 I have,I've owned since the early '60s.Dick Robertson was never a favourite
singer of mine.I did have
an early '30s Victor Young Brunswick that Robertson was on that featured the
Boswells,the Mills Broth-
ers,Frank Munn and featured Jimmy Dorsey on clarinet.The record was a medley
that took both sides.It
disappeared several years ago.