[78-L] Question 1812 Overture

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Mar 31 19:56:09 PDT 2011

WERM lists a performance by Golovanov and the Moscow Radio Orchestra on USSR D
1294. Coupling is something by Svendsen, and I don't see their Marche Slav here
(Supplement III).

The title used in WERM is "Ouverture Solenelle 1812". Schwann calls it
"Overture 1812". Anything to avoid having to flip that coin to decide whether
"1812" goes at the head of the list as a number or alphabetized as "Eighteen.."
(like radio station librarians trying to catalogue the 101 Strings under "One"
or "Hundred").

dl