[78-L] Question 1812 Overture

Gene Baron gene.baron at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 18:21:45 PDT 2011

I have a Melodiya LP (C-0959-60) by the USSR Symphony Orchestra conducted by
K. Ivanov that also has the "substitute" music -- even after many listens
it's still a bit of a surprise when that music shows up -- in both the 1812
Overture and March Slav.  Interestingly, the 1812 Overture is called 'Year
1812' -- is this common with the Russian versions, or is this the original
title?

Gene
gene.baron at gmail.com