[78-L] Waltzing Matilda

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Thu Mar 31 14:20:33 PDT 2011

I've just come across a curiosity in my collection.  I'm sure everyone's aware
of Waltzing Matilda and Waiata Poi sung by Peter Dawson on a Victor Black label
record.  I was just going through records in my garage and found a copy of it on
a Victor Red Seal record, number 10-1025.  It is definitely the same
arrangements but somehow it sounds like different mixes, particularly the
Waltzing Matilda side.  I've never heard of a record being issued on black label
and then on red.  As I recall, (I don't have the record in front of me), the
conductor on the black label record is credited as Walter Goehr, but there is no
conductor mentioned on this red seal record.  Does anyone know anything about
this?

db