[78-L] Question

Philip Carli Philip_Carli at pittsford.monroe.edu
Thu Mar 31 09:52:04 PDT 2011

There's also an excellent cut version by the Band of H.M. Grenadier Guards on Columbia (2 sides) from about 1911 -- thrilling performance, presumably under Albert Williams.  I have a sneaking feeling I also have that red Vocalion 12", it might be by the Scots Guards.  The strange thing about it is the incomprehensible cutting which garbles the piece, although they give it 2 sides.  The Columbia is quite sensibly cut and still coheres.