[78-L] Record collection brings laughs

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Wed Mar 30 06:02:44 PDT 2011

On 3/30/2011 8:29 AM, simmonssomer wrote:

> [...]

I almost considered posting the motto that could be in the kitchen of a German
fast foodery, "Arbeit Macht Fries", but thought better of it. Glancing through
"The Grouchophile" I see that Groucho played Toronto in 1915 and anti-German
sentiment was so strong that when he ordered "German Fries" he was told they
were now called "home fries". I did not know that.