[78-L] Question

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 16:56:34 PDT 2011

One of the sample pages from the new book THE COLLECTOR'S GUIDE TO VICTOR
RECORDS lists the entire range of 14" Victor releases, and even has a photo
of the small label pressed into the blank reverse side of the records which
said 'By adjusting governor to permit of but 60 revolutions per minute, you
will obtain the best results from this record.'  I've never seen nor owned
one of these rare discs, and I understand that YMMV when it comes to the
veracity of that speed claim much the same as for any other disc from the
period.