[78-L] In The Groove - New deadline schedules.

Tim McCormick Dad at TheMcCormicks.com
Fri Mar 25 22:40:07 PDT 2011

Folks,

	All future deadlines for In The Groove submissions have been
advanced by fifteen days from previous convention.  This means the deadline
for the June/July edition of ITG is April 15th.  We will begin the cost
saving approach of mailing all future continental USA issues by standard
pre-sort postage.  It may take up to two weeks for standard pre-sort to be
delivered to some destinations, thereby requiring us to advance our
submission deadlines.  By changing our postage method, we free ourselves up
to occasionally increase the page count of our issues, which increases the
postage weight and mailing expense, and still stay within our production
budget.

	The April/May 2011 issue is currently on the press being printed as
I type.  It turned out to be HUGE at 52 pages.  I just didn't have the heart
to cut it down as most every article focused on the topic of cylinder
machines and recordings.  We should have called it the "Cylinder Special
Edition" issue.  I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I did preparing it.
You'll also notice a different look and feel to this issue.  Michael Evans
has been engaged as our new graphic designer.  Now if we can just get the
printer to interpret the correct contrast ratio from a new graphic
designer's submission, and avoid the twenty long distance phone calls to
correct the printed proof in the future, my life would be SO MUCH more
enjoyable.

	Thank you so much for all of your support to MAPS.  We appreciate it
more than you will ever know.

	The deadline schedule for the remainder of the year is printed
below:

June/July Edition
04/15/2011 Deadline
05/15/2011 Printed ITG arrives at mailing house

August/September Edition
06/15/2011 Deadline
07/15/2011 Printed ITG arrives at mailing house

October/November Edition - Election of new officers
08/15/2011 Deadline
09/15/2011 Printed ITG arrives at mailing house

December/January Edition - Special Christmas Edition
10/15/2011 Deadline
11/15/2011 Printed ITG arrives at mailing house

February/March Edition - Special Thomas Edison Birthday Edition
12/15/2011 Deadline
01/15/2012 Printed ITG arrives at mailing house

Tim McCormick, President
Michigan Antique Phonograph Society
President at MAPS-ITG.org
www.MAPS-ITG.org