[78-L] Vintage commercials

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Mar 25 18:01:27 PDT 2011

On 3/25/2011 6:39 PM, Rodger Holtin wrote:
> I've played stuff like that on my show once in a while.  Back in the eighties we ran a bunch of tapes of Jack Benny shows from the thirties and heard a barrage of Jello ads and my kids started asking for Jello.  I'd better be sure the Feenamint ads are cut from the Gershwin shows before I play them for my wife.

If you ran the Jack Benny programs from the mid-40sto early 50s you
would the Lucky Strike cigarette ads --so bethankful your kids only
asked for Jello!

The first recording which had a historical view of radio ads was
produced in 1966 by the International Radio and Television Society as a
Columbia Special Products LP "... and now a word from our sponser."  A
lot of OTR LP and cassette companies pirated that LP, and I bet that is
whad dl has.  It starts with "have you tried Wheaties" then has the Bob
Brown Perfect Circloe Piston Rings opening from the Gennett by Charlie
Davis.

Mike Biel mbiel at mbiel.com