[78-L] Western swing festival on now! (Pronunciation of names)

Dave at Audio Tech Transfer audiotechtransfer at bresnan.net
Fri Mar 25 14:54:12 PDT 2011

I recently began putting together and broadcasting two two-hour weekly shows
on the local college radio station, KNWT, Cody, Wyoming.  One of those
shows, airing at 10AM - Noon Saturdays, is "Dave's Old Time Radio" featuring
music from the era of 78s.

I'm comfortable doing the voice overs and I'm careful not to interject
vocalized pauses such as "like", "ya-know", "umm" etc....  However, I worry
about my pronunciation of artist's names.  The example you cite below, "Leo
Soileau" would have me flummoxed.  Any tips or suggestions on researching
proper pronunciation of names?

Best regards,
Dave Rose
aka Cactus Cowboy