[78-L] Was it staged? - 1906 film of a cable car ride

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Wed Mar 23 22:46:44 PDT 2011

Around the corner from the 1993 ARSC Conference in Chicago, one night
the avenue was closed off to film a climactic scene of the movie The
Fugitive.  It's the scene where Harrison Ford runs out of the doctors
meeting and runs up the stairs to the El.  There were about twenty cars
on the street that were positioned and started moving when the shot
began.  When the scene was cut, the cars stopped and slowly backed up in
position back to where they were originally positioned.  This happened
over and over and over for this 20 second shot.  I have some videotape
of it that was not appreciated by the studio and their rent-a-cops.  I
made it like I was taping my ARSC friends -- which I also did.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com