[78-L] It was staged - 1906 film of a cable car ride

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net
Wed Mar 23 18:50:48 PDT 2011

On 3/23/2011 10:43, Andrew Homzy wrote:
> Danger didn't register because it was a staged scene -
>
> At least, that's what I think. Notice how all the u-turns look exactly the same arc - they even seem to occur at regular intervals.
Try to imagine a time when the cars went only as fast as horses. A
bicycle could pass a car. Many of the people waiting to the sides of the
trolley simply swung on as it went by. A nimble pedestrian could easily
step around a car. I think the pace of this movie might have even been
sped up a bit.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)
Technology, thoughtfully, responsibly.