[78-L] fwd: 1906 film of a cable car ride

DanKj MLK402 at verizon.net
Wed Mar 23 11:16:11 PDT 2011

 I have lists from 1900 through 1906, showing all the recorded deaths in Buffalo for preceding years.  The cause-of-death
leaders were dropping dead of heart disease, run over by a train (all crossings were at grade, then), falling from a
streetcar while it was moving (hopping on or off), falling from a train while trying to hitch a ride, catching fire from a
coal stove at home, and most hideously: children scalded to death by cauldrons of boiling laundry water .

 Some of the descriptions are funny - a woman who died while a salesman was "extolling the benefits of life insurance"  and
the man who died "suddenly of alcoholism while seated at McKinny's saloon".  I wasn't aware that alcoholism was a
sudden-onset type of death!  Drowing while riding a bicycle was another feat.