[78-L] fwd: 1906 film of a cable car ride

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Tue Mar 22 18:25:09 PDT 2011

Actually, by 1906 they were already known as the Brooklyn Dodgers. Before that, they went by the Trolley Dodgers (not the Streetcar Dodgers), Ward's Wonders, Foutz's Fillies and Hanlon's Superbas.

Incidentally, yesterday was the birthday of my boyhood hero, Tommy Davis, who won two consecutive batting titles for the Dodgers in 1962 & 1963. He's 72, for crying out loud. That's how to make someone feel old; when their boyhood sports hero is a senior citizen...

Cary Ginell (a Dodger fan since 1963)