[78-L] Link to Abrahms Database needed

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net
Mon Mar 21 21:18:47 PDT 2011

On 3/21/2011 10:23, Mike Daley wrote:
> I just downloaded this - pretty incredible. Is there a document
> somewhere that explains what all the columns are?

You take the text files and import them into any database program such
as Excel. They are in fixed width format. As you import them you can set
the spacings so all the data falls neatly into columns. Works slick. I
did a few of them tonight in just a few minutes time. Really handy was
the Edison file, as the numbering of Edisons is hard to follow by just
looking at labels. Many of them have only matrix numbers, many have
none. I have one that has the correct number on the paper sleeve. That
is the only place it occurs. Now, how many records do you own that still
are in their original sleeves, and usually, how could you prove it?

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)
Technology, thoughtfully, responsibly.