[78-L] stylus for vertical-cut Edisons

neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 13:50:21 PDT 2011

And sum or mono the 2 channels. I'm not sure anyone said that, or
perhaps you are assuming this since the content is mono, but I don't
want to assume that you are assuming.

If you play a vertical record with a properly wired cartridge, it makes
sound, although noisy, until you sum the channels by putting your amp in
mono mode, if you can do that. Then it makes no useable sound, but you
can hear the noise just fine. If you reverse the polarity of one
channel, summing the 2 channels allows the lateral content to be heard.
  A couple of "Y" adapters will do the same, if you don't have a mono
switch. The second Y only serves to send the one signal to both sides of
your amp.

joe salerno