[78-L] stylus for vertical-cut Edisons

Royal Pemberton ampex354 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 07:55:25 PDT 2011

I don't know the exact dimensions either, but I see the wisdom in what
David's saying....if indeed 3 is the true size, tracking the discs with the
sizes David recommends means they're tracking just below the area of the
worst wear but well above the crud zone at the very bottom of the groove.
And even on a totally clean disc there's less noise picked up than would be
the case if microgroove styli were used for playback