[78-L] So long, Joe

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com
Mon Mar 14 17:54:11 PDT 2011

His work on "Take Five" was sampled by French musician St Germain about
ten years ago to produce one of the most successful nujazz releases,
"Rose Rouge".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkegKN-VZBg&feature=related
Which, in turn, has been remixed and reused by quite a few other
producers. A sound that appeals to creative young musicians (more than
to some old jazz farts', as I understand).
Kristjan