[78-L] 5 reasons to hate 78-L

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Sat Mar 12 19:51:46 PST 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: <neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com>
> On 3/9/2011 3:02 PM, David Lennick wrote:
>> So Round, So Firm, So Fully Packed
> You know he's talking about a milk crate full of records, right?

A milk box (current smaller size) holds about 120 78's.An "earlier"
milk box (they were resized so LP's in jackets no longer fit...in
hopes that their "misuse" by record people would diminish (it
didn't!)...holds about 150 78's.I was lucky enough to acquire
about 300 of the latter. from a milk-store operator who fonnd
himself stuck with a WHOLE bunch of milk boxes the dairy
no longer wanted  (nor would pay deposit on...?!)

I was a "cable guy" then...and it took me two evenings to
haul off all the "obsolete" milk boxes...!

Problem is that I'm beginning to experience a serious
shortage of milk boxes...!

Stevem C. Barr