[78-L] lots of water

Malcolm Rockwell malcolm at 78data.com
Fri Mar 11 09:11:35 PST 2011

"... and when I woke up this morning I had beachfront property!"
First off I want to thank all of you for your concerns about the tsunami
that struck here in the middle of the night because of the 8.9
earthquake in Japan. <y heart goes out to all those people suffering in
Japan right now. While my house and the Hawaiian collection are both
safe (mostly because I live at an altitude well above the flood line)
Maui caught the brunt of the tsunami with the highest wave surge height
of about nine feet. Thus does not sound like much but consider this is
surge height, not just a lone wave coming along at a 9' height. It's
still early morning so real info is somewhat hard to come by, but the
politicians and news readers (who are seemingly at a loss when it
actually comes to reporting the news) have been hard at work gabbling on
and on about nothing.
The one news report that got to me about the earthquake is the Yen and
other currencies losing 5% of their values because the &^$*(&( insurance
companies are going to actually have to pay out some of that money
they've been extorting from people for years. Wow. Heartlessness R Us.
Anyway, so far no one has been reported dead in Hawaii and that's a good
thing.
More later.
Malcolm