[78-L] Rex Battle

Philip Carli Philip_Carli at pittsford.monroe.edu
Thu Mar 10 13:03:13 PST 2011

I wonder what Rapee's reaction was that night.  He could be exceptionally nasty when taken by surprise; one of my teachers at IU had played under him at Radio City Music Hall in the 30s, and said he could be a terror.  I'd be curious if there was a review of the concert in any of the Toronto papers.  Philip Carli