[78-L] A rare 1933 aircheck? Comments?

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Wed Mar 9 09:07:08 PST 2011

On 3/8/2011 8:15 PM, Ronald Olsen wrote:

>  My question, I suppose, is does this count as one of our early and rare
>  airchecks (not being a transcription)?

While it is rare and 1933 is early, it is by no means the earliest by
ten years.  There are NY Phil and Woodrow Wilson airchecks from 1923 and
many more of various types from following years.  Compo issued two
aircheck records in 1925 and Victor issued eight sides of Lindbergh
airchecks in 1927.  The list of surviving airchecks of the 1920s is
continually growing.  Of course some of these are linechecks, but some
were picked up off the air (such as the Compos),

I would be interested in label scans and soundfiles, especially if there
is any announcing included.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com