[78-L] 16 Tons of Urban Legend?

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon Mar 7 09:40:36 PST 2011

I also have used the matrix number order in filing records that have no
easily determined hit side but know, for example, that Milt Gabler
squeezed Rock Around the Clock into the last 15 minutes of the session,
partially because he wanted the other song to be the hit side because he
had finageled some writer credit for it!!  "13 (?) Women and Only One Man".

But what about the sales?  Is it earthly possible that within two months
of release 16 Tons "was the greatest selling single of all
time"????????????  That's what they claim.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com