[78-L] Crosley portable record player

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Fri Mar 4 07:10:41 PST 2011

Since it doesn't play 78s, why would you need the 3 mil needle to play
78s which the machine does not play???????????

Mike Biel  Mbiel at mbiel.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think Mr. Barr is referring to the You Tube item sent in by Robert M. Bratcher
Jr.,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLq5lbquHuw&NR=1

While this machine is only shown playing 33 & 45 rpm records, the speed selector
clearly has a 78 setting as well.

I have a machine which is referred to as a "Camera Phone", not because it's a
cell phone with a camera, but is a very compact acoustic Gramophone which, when
packed up, looks like a camera - about 2 inches high, 4 inches wide and 9 or 10
inches long,  all metal with rounded ends like an old fashioned camera.  So it's
about the same shape as a length of 2 x 4

db