[78-L] Silly Season on eBay

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Fri Mar 4 01:01:28 PST 2011

Best "college band" record that I have is Jose Ferrer and the Pied Pipers
doing a very hot version of Sweet Georgia Brown...the flip side has a vocal
by the other soon-to-be-famous guy in the band,  the aforementioned Jimmy
Stewart.

BTW Jose's vocal on "Georgia Brown"  is a sort of talk-sing kind of deal and
is very effective.  I  don't know the exact date of the thing but I think
it's 1932.

Taylor