[78-L] Silly Season on eBay

Steven C. Barr stevenc at interlinks.net
Thu Mar 3 20:07:40 PST 2011

From: "agp" <agp2176 at verizon.net>
> This one boggles my mind
>
> The description on it says:
>
> Personal Record; 126-P 2 people we probably don't know
>
> The  URL is:

Point is (which the seller probably doesn't know...?!) that ANYBODY
with the necessary funds could have a "Personal Record" made by
Columbia (or several other record companies...!). How GOOD the
artist was/wasn't was NOT a factor...all the company wanted was
the money...! The resulting 78's are only of interest to "ultra-collectors"
like myself...whose aim is, as Lennick puts it, EFREM!! In my own
case, that should be EF78(n-c)REM..."n-c" meaning NON-classical...!

Steven C. Barr
And no, I'm not planning on bidding on this...my experience with "xBay"
has been a sad litany of losing to bidders with "autosnipe" apps...!