[78-L] Bye Bye, Borders

Ron L'Herault lherault at bu.edu
Fri Feb 18 20:21:22 PST 2011

Amazon keeps a copy of any book you buy in your account with them so you can
always download it again.  I find it quite nice to carry a light item with
me, to read a book (currently Mark Twain's autobiography), play a word game
(downloaded for free) or listen to music stored as MP3s.  True, you have to
pay attention to the battery but you have to do that with a cell phone or a
laptop too.   And the Kindle's fonts can be made larger, a great thing for
tired eyes.  If you can't find what you want on Kindle, then request through
Amazon that the publisher make it available for Kindle.  It's to their
advantage to sell more books.  I can't speak to the price problem.  Books
I've read selling for $29 or so, I've gotten for about $10 on Kindle, except
for "Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea". It, like many of the classics
are free.

Ron L