[78-L] Theador West

David Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 18 12:04:10 PST 2011

Interested in clarinet player Theador (or Theadore) West, who recorded at least six titles for Ajax via Compo (are there more)? I haven't heard him and would like to if anyone has ever encountered these records. I did hear "Lazy Drag" by Millard G. Thomas and his Chicago Orchestra, who also recorded for Ajax. They have a very prominent clarinet whom I assume might be West, although no personnel is listed at redhotjazz.com

Ajax also issued a coupling by Bob Fuller; the clarinet on the Millard Thomas record doesn't sound like Fuller. Disco below via Ty's site.

Uncle Dave Lewis uncledavelewis at hotmail.com

Montreal February 18, 1925
Ajax 17118
1738 Back Biter's Blues
1739 Hot Jelly Blues

Montreal March 1925
Ajax 17129
E1755  Nobody Knows How I Feel Dis Mornin
E1756  Blues, Just Blues

Montreal April 30, 1925
Ajax 17136
1788/89 Everybody's Blues