[78-L] 4 boys and a guitar

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 17 17:17:16 PST 2011

Thanks for the info.The only other example I had of their early work was a
Brunswick by Victor
Young and it featured Frank Munn,the Boswells,the Mills Brothers and a couple of
others.It was
a 12 incher and it was a medley of tunes.The only two tunes I remember were "The
Old Man On
the Mountain" and "She was a Tartar's Darter(sic)(who was smarter than a "darter
arter Be"..).I
had it some 20 years ago and it disappeared.I think my sister in law sold it
off.It went by way of
my Frank Black/Oscar Levant 12" Brunswick of "Rhapsody in Blue"as well as the
two 12" Colu-
mbias of "La Paloma" by Paul Whiteman(it was one of those picture records from
1928 according
to Sudhalter's book "Bix,Man and Legend".