[78-L] Avshalomov concerto

samhopper at mail.com samhopper at mail.com
Thu Feb 17 13:23:52 PST 2011

Interestingly, Columbia set 286 - Avshalomov Concerto - is not mentioned at all in the W.E.R.M encyclopaedia...
While researching my Col. Masterworks discography, I have not found one mention of this set in all the documents I have read.
http://www.78rpmcommunity.com/group/2

My contact in Yale Uni has noted that they do not have a copy of this set.
The Library of Congress has 1 copy of the recording in 78rpm format.
http://lccn.loc.gov/2001537690

You can hear samples of this interesting concerto (not this recording) here:
http://www.classicalarchives.com/work/284855.html