[78-L] I'm Dickens, He's Fenster

DanKj MLK402 at verizon.net
Tue Feb 15 20:31:43 PST 2011

 Watched a complete episode via yootoob, last night.  It wasn't awful, but I was mostly struck by 2 things: John Astin took
an awful pratfall, which I understand he did more than once during this series, and it's a wonder he didn't kill his spine
the way Jerry Lewis did. Other ting:  Marty Ingels is only a couple months older than my Dad, but he sure looked older than
26 in this program.  Maybe it was the cigars.

 ps - I may have heard some of this program, as I was in my first months of life - which I understand almost began during
the first "76 Trombones" number in The Music Man movie, which my parents were attending at Shea's Buffalo when I decided to
stir & come see what the fuss was about.  A quick trip to Kenmore Mercy Hospital & 24 hours of painful (guilt-trip) labor
later, there was another confused Kjeldgaard in the world ...