[78-L] George Shearing

RUSSELL BARNES r.barnes4 at btopenworld.com
Tue Feb 15 00:22:53 PST 2011

Following the death of Discographer Ralph Venables, his widow Pamela kindly gave me a few items from his collection.   One was a twelve inch BBC acetate - dated circa 1946 - an excerpt from a live Jack Jackson radio broadcast where he presents the young George Shearing, who plays 'Honky Tonk Train Blues'.

I've no recollection of George ever playing it afterwards.

RB